The High Sierra Cirque 30 Backpack is perfect of day hiking with good capacity and a hydration sleeve.
What is good about this backpack
Lightweight – you are carrying enough things when out on the trail so you don’t want a backpack adding extra weight as well, this one weighs only 2.43 pounds.
Hydration ready – the design includes an internal reservoir sleeve if that is your choice. If it isn’t there are two outside mesh pockets that can hold 1000ml water bottles.
Attachments – there is some soft lashing hardware hiking poles if walking along a country road or doing some scrambling where they will not be required.
Media pocket – if you are using a hiking GPS or have a cell phone along the walk, a strap-mounted media pocket is the place to store it.
High Sierra Cirque 30 Backpack Features
- 30-liter, panel-load main compartment.
- Large zippered front pocket with inner mesh divider to keep contents separate.
- Protective storm flaps cover zippers.
- Molded foam back panel with Airflo channels to keep your back cool and dry.
- Padded backpack straps with adjustable load-lifters and Vapel mesh Airflow
- Webbing daisy chain to attach extra gear
- Side compression straps to help secure gear
- Internal hydration reservoir sleeve and center exit port for tube (reservoir not included)
- Removable media pocket attached to backpack strap
- Adjustable sternum strap helps stabilize pack
- Soft lashing hardware holds hiking poles
- Dual mesh side pockets hold 1000ml water bottles
- Available in several colors
What customers say about the High Sierra Cirque 30 Backpack
There were lots of positive reviews for this backpack. Numerous reviewers stated this is a well made, durable and comfortable backpack. One reviewer who was looking for a day pack and something to use for light backpacking remarked, “lcan use for both day hikes and for backpacking (I pack light when i go backpacking!). This pack is extremely comfortable, and has the perfect amount of storage for carrying all my gear. It has a sternum strap (which has elastic so it doesn’t constrict your breathing), and a waist strap. padding on all the straps, and the padding on the back of the pack itself, is plenty comfortable.”
Several reviewers commented that it is easy to organize with the main compartment, a front pocket and several places where you can attach things. A few hikers would have liked an additional small pocket as well.
Most reviewers thought this was a great size for day hiking and some have also used it for light backpacking. If used on overnight trips it can be a little small or just right depending on how much you pack. One reviewer said, “if doesn’t seem like it would fit much at first, but once you start stuffing things in, you quickly realize that is quite big.”
The High Sierra Cirque 30 Backpack is a great hiking daypack with plenty of features so you have a comfortable walk along the trails.